Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New car, sore teeth and Hurricane Flossie


So this past week has been very exciting for us! We finally got a 2nd vehicle!!!! We purchased a used Acura MDX. It's really nice and has tons of room so I will no longer be trying to fit a stroller in the back of a small trunk. We have been having fun driving around and playing around with the navigation system (the greatest invention ever!) We finally can somewhat drive places and not get lost.

I also got my bottom braces on last week (my top ones were put on last month) so I now have my whole grill. My bottom teeth were the most crooked so I have been in pain since then. I have hardly been able to eat anything and I'm hoping the soreness will subside soon. My braces also keep rubbing against my bottom lip which causes a huge cut in my mouth so on top of my teeth hurting I have a gigantic canker sore feeling cut. Hopefully two years will go by fast =) Fortunately for me Paul has had experience with braces since all of his sisters had them so he has been giving me pointers, the most beneficial one has been using the wax.

We are leaving for Maui tomorrow and we should be arriving the same time as Hurricane Flossie! Except by the time she comes she will most likely be a tropical storm. So we are looking forward to rain our whole week!!!!!!! If there was such a thing as bad luck I think we would definitely qualify. It's still supposed to be in the 80's so hopefully there will be a few dry times so we can at least go to the beach. We are still excited and know that no matter what we will have fun. Spending a whole week with the family no matter what the weather is like is still a blessing. I just pray that Ella will do ok on the long flight. She has always been great on planes but I'm worried since this flight is so long and since she is more mobile now that she will be a little cranky. I'm also hoping the six hour time change won't be so tough on her. Please keep us in your prayers that all will go smoothly! I will update about our trip when we get back. Hopefully we can post a pic of our new niece when we get back too who is due to make an arrival any day! Come soon Izzy!





The Braces



Flossie




Helping mommy pack



No comments: