Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On our way to Maui


So, usually it's Andrea doing all the posting but this time it's Paul. Andrea and I have 4 hours to burn in Chicago sitting around in the airport until our flight to Maui departs. I didn't feel like firing up the computer so I'm just posting this from my phone.

Ella was really good on the flight from Columbus but the next leg is almost 9 hours so hopefully she can handle it. With all of Ella's food diapers, wipes and other misc. items we had to pack in the suitcase we were a little over the 50lbs limit. To avoid a $50 charge we moved a few things around in the suitcases to better distribute the weight. Unfortunately while doing the rearranging we over-stuffed a suitcase and the zipper broke. We spent a lot of time trying to fix it but the more we tugged on it the more prongs ripped and bent off. The ticketing attendant eventually got some tape and a big plastic bag for our broken suitcase. It looks like one of our first purchases in Hawaii will be a new suitcase for the flight home.

Well even though we have a lot more time and I have a few more stories already that I could share I'm going to end the blog since my little thumbs are starting to hurt from typing on my cell phone keyboard. I'll end the blog with a cute pic of Ella and I at O'Hare waiting for our flight.

No comments: