Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is here!

I'm back after a week break from the blogging world.
Today was a beautiful, perfect day! The temperature was 68 degrees and the sun was shining. It felt a lot like being back in Santa Maria. It's amazing how the weather changes the whole mood of the town. It felt like a parade was going on outside our house today with all the people out and the motorcycles everywhere. We live across the street from an ice cream store so that is always packed when the weather gets nicer. I remembered today why I liked Ohio and why we moved here =)
We took Ella outside today in her little car to let her enjoy the sunshine. She was able to wear her new styling sunglasses and looked super cute! Later we went out to my sisters house to go on a bike ride. I was able to borrow Cindy's bike and go too which was really fun. I haven't been on a bike ride in years! Ella loved being on the back of Daddy's bike and I had fun riding along side her. We had some good BBQ over at Dennis and Cindy's house (Kurt's parents) and had fun playing outside Kym and Kurt's farm. It was such a fun day, and it feels so great to finally be done with winter!

I do have to make a note about the sad news we got this weekend that Skybus airlines is done. Skybus offered cheap non stop flights to Burbank out of Columbus which enabled us to visit California a lot this year. It also made it possible for our parents to come visit us too. With the news that they were ceasing flights came the reality that trips to California will also be ceasing for us. I'm glad we were able to visit California a couple weeks ago and that I was able to fly Skybus one last time. I'm grateful for the 10 months we had with them and the many great times with family we have had because of their low priced tickets. We still have Southwest airlines so hopefully they don't fold in the next few weeks =)






Ella's new best friend Jewel




Ella and Daddy riding together to Dennis and Cindy's (I didn't have a bike yet so I drove)

No comments: