Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ella Grace turns 3!

I blinked and my little girl turned 3! How come they have to grow up so fast? We started the day with some yummy chocolate chip pancakes from First Watch. After breakfast we headed over to the Columbus Zoo for the afternoon. We finished the day with some homemade mac-n-cheese (Ella's favorite food) made by Grandma and some Vanilla jelly bean cupcakes made by mommy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




I have to be honest and say that the third year hasn't started off so smoothly. There have been many tantrums and bad attitudes. I have thrown my arms up more times then I would like to admit in frustration and wished I could go far far away from her. I have also had to ask my daughters forgiveness more time then I would like to admit because of my sinful responses to her behavior. I need to keep reminding myself that God is bigger and has the grace and strength to sustain me through it all! I need to continue to SEEK HIM, in prayer and through His word!!!!! He has given me everything I need to mother her heart so on days when I feel overwhelmed and don't know what to do I need to constantly be reminded of that! I think about how wretched and unlovely I was when God showed me grace and mercy and saved me. Should I not treat my kids the same way Christ has to me? What an awesome way I can show my kids the Gospel! So as we embark on year three I pray that as Ella grows and learns that mommy will also grow and learn, and that I will never try and tackle this huge responsibility by myself.

There is a song by Watermark that was written for their daughter that I LOVE. The lyrics sum up exactly how I feel about Ella. Since I'm not good with words I have to steal theirs :)


















Baby woman, tiny in stature now
But your heart is a treasure
Little princess come follow behind me now
I am reaching for you

Ella, God has answered my prayers
Ella, God will conquer my fears
To mother a daughter, to look you in the eye
To know that I had everything, to walk with you in life
To give you to Jesus that He would impart
The wisdom that I’m longing for to mother your heart
Ella, God has answered my prayers


There will be others to lead and to guide you girl
But only one you’ll call Mother, the honor is all mine
To show you what a woman’s like
I’m so glad you’re mine


2 comments:

OhioFamOf4 said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has "those" days. :-) Hope to see you Thursday night!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Such a sweetie!!